Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Before we get to the music let's talk about the term, mondegreen, meaning a misinterpreted/misunderstood word or phrase
2. The misheard version of the lyrics sound to many like "I pray at the sink all day, for a revolution!" and the song title is "What's Up?" Which band recorded this song in 1993?
3. "You ain't never gone rabid and you ain't no friend of mine" is widely recognizable as a misheard lyric from "Hound Dog" by Elvis Presley, but do you know what word(s) in place of "gone rabid" the King actually sang?
4. "Les yeux sans visage" is the first half of a line from Billy Idol. The second half of the line (also the song title) is sometimes misheard as "How's about a date?" but the real line contains only the same words again in English which are?
5. Which Madonna song contains a line misheard as "touched for the thirty-first time" which, coupled with the title seems to form an amusing picture of someone in a bit of denial?
6. Occasionally new technology and/or terminology creates a retroactive opportunity for misheard lyrics on an older song. "Living like a lover with a red Iphone" was added to the existing list of ear tricks surroundng which Def Leppard tune?
7. A church hymn as well as an Alanis Morisette pop hit of the 90's both unintentionally spoke about a bear suffering from strabismus. What is the more common term for the condition afflicting this poor bear whose name in the former case is Gladly?
8. The correct wording of the long term jingle for Sara Lee snack foods is, "Nobody does it like Sara Lee"
9. "Alex The Seal" was a mythical animal never meant to exist, but he was born out of a misheard (song title) lyric "Our Lips Are Sealed". Which girl band originally recorded this hit of the 1980's?
10. The word "douche" is found within the lyrics of "Blinded By the Light" either by Bruce Springsteen or the remake by Manfred Mann?
Source: Author namrewsna
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor 1nn1
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.