Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I love this rather sweet song from ABBA which is about one of my favourite curry dishes: "Chicken Tikka, tell me what's wrong..." What's this song really called?
2. The next song that comes on is from Dire Straits, who are apparently getting "Money for nothing and chips for free". Sounds good to me! But what are they actually singing about getting for free?
3. The Rolling Stones tell us all about their competence in the kitchen in this next song, where they sing "I'll never leave your pizza burning." What is the actual lyric?
4. I am starting to get hungry now, and so is Elton John, whose vegetable friend seems to have got up and left him. You can hear the sadness in his voice as he croons "Goodbye aubergine..." Who or what is he actually singing goodbye to?
5. Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal" sounds at first as if it's going to be about a woman being attacked in her apartment, but there's a twist in the tale as she suddenly seems to be being repeatedly asked "Annie did you want cake?" What's the actual question?
6. I'm getting so hungry by now that I'm starting to hallucinate food. It sounds like Madonna had a similar problem as she sings "Last night I dreamt of some bagels..." What did she really dream of?
7. Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is apparently named after a deodorant, so I'm not really sure why the chorus contains the line "I've got soup, it's in containers." What is the actual line?
8. I recognise the next song from a film soundtrack. It's sung by Celine Dion, but I didn't know they had frankfurters on the Titanic. She's definitely singing "I believe that the hot dogs go on..." What are the actual lyrics?
9. All this talk of food is making me desperately hungry, and I would be grateful for even the smallest morsel of food. Pink is feeling the same way as she sings "Just give me a raisin, just a little bit's enough..." What is she really asking for?
10. I once read that R.E.M.'s "The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite" came top of a 2010 survey of most commonly misheard lyrics. Listening to it now, I'm quite sure I heard them singing a line about beans and peas, could I be mistaken? Which is the actual line from the song?
Source: Author emiloony
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.