Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "[W]hen they asked me to join...'There goes any credibility I may ever have' I believe were the words out of my mouth at the time."
2. "I'm one of those people who could easily go crazy with the ink, but so far only have two fairly conservative tattoos--a tribal piece on my right shoulder blade and a vintage sailor-esque heart with an arrow through it and a banner across it that reads 'MOMMA'. I have a feeling I'm not finished yet."
3. "Let me just say one more thing about 'corporate rock'. Styx never took a DIME in endorsements from anybody! And we were offered endorsements ALL THE TIME... The idea of us being 'corporate rock' was nonsense from the beginning...I got an offer...from Burger King for 'The Best Of Times'. I said 'No'. I figured it was gonna end up being 'The Best Of Fries'."
4. "'Styx II' was such a miserable failure at first, that for the next two albums I tried not to be me... For the next two albums, I wrote all these goofy songs because I thought, 'Okay, they don't like me, I'll be someone else.'"
5. "We were leaving to go (on the "Equinox" tour)...And I'm thinking, oh what the hell have I gotten myself into?"
6. "We were the opening act from Hell, the opening act that can eat your lunch. The one act we didn't blow off the stage was Queen."
7. "[W]e started on tour with like Kiss and Aerosmith. We were doing support on the East coast...I always say I think we were responsible for the downfall of a few artists at that particular time (1977) because we were WAY ready, okay. This was a good, good live band. We were much too good to be supporting anybody who wasn't ready to be prepared to take on the energy and the challenge that Styx was presenting."
8. "I just remember waking up in the middle of the night saying...'What is one of the grandest illusions we have in this country?'...that is this beauty contest, the Miss America contest."
9. "I had a wonderful experience with 'The Grand Illusion' album cover...I thought this was a wonderful piece of art, and it was a great illusion in itself"
10. "I never rehearsed Babe. I never heard the song before we recorded it. We did one take on it, one take."
Source: Author Chadler
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.