Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What exactly is Sam's Town, as referred to by the Killers?
2. The "Sam" that the Killers named their album after is none other than one of America's most well-known symbols, Uncle Sam.
3. Lead singer Brandon Flowers has said that "Sam's Town" is a much more "Americanized" album than their debut "Hot Fuss", and it is the MOST heavily influenced by which American singer/songwriter?
4. Before its release, Brandon said that Sam's Town would be "the best album in the last ____ years."
5. Which of these themes is NOT present in the songs on "Sam's Town" (particular to Brandon)?
6. Brandon wrote "Enterlude" and "Exitlude" after he dreamt about Kurt Cobain singing its melody.
7. Which of these songs was NOT written entirely by Brandon?
8. Which song on the album was written by the entire band?
9. Which one of these bonus tracks is one that the group is very proud of?
10. In the CD jacket, the man dressed as a Native American is really Ted Sablay, the band's background instrumentalist.
11. Which band did backing vocals with the Killers on the album?
12. Which song contains the lyric, "Sometimes I'm nervous when I talk I shake a little, sometimes I hate the line I walk"?
13. Which song was rejected by the album's producers in its original context, but once revised, became one of the best tracks on the album?
14. Even with the more American sound to it, "Sam's Town" reached a higher position on the British charts than it did on the American charts the first week.
15. How many Grammys did "Sam's Town" and the songs off it win in 2007?
16. How many awards were the Killers, "Sam's Town", and its songs nominated for in the NME Shockwave Awards 2007?
17. Which "Sam's Town" song mentions Grandma Dixie?
18. Which song was released as the second single off the album?
19. What does the sash the girl is wearing on the front cover of the album say?
20. On the back cover of the CD, which one of the Killers is wearing sunglasses?
21. Which "Sam's Town" song opens, "There's a plane and I am flying, there's a mountain waiting for me"?
22. Which song contains the somewhat strange lyric, "There was an open chair, I sat down in the open chair"?
23. Which song asks the question, "Have you ever seen the lights"?
24. Although "Sam's Town" has a much more American sound to it, how many of the music videos off the album were filmed outside the US?
25. In the Killers' first big hit, "Somebody Told Me", it repeats that "Heaven ain't close in a place like this". However, on "Sam's Town", one of the songs claims "Outside the sun is shinin', it seems that Heaven ain't far away". Which song contradicts "Somebody Told Me"?
Source: Author HPKillersFreak
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.