Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who composed the song 'The Old Gray Mare'?
2. Please complete the lyrics:
"The old gray mare, she ain't what she used to be,
Many _________, many _________.
The old gray mare, she ain't what she used to be,
3. From the lyrics: 'The old gray mare, she kicked on the whiffletree'.
What is a 'whiffletree'?
4. The last words from the lyrics of 'The Old Gray Mare' are:
"Many more years to go".
5. In Bing Crosby's version of 'The Old Gray Mare', whom does he tell to hang down their head?
6. In an episode of 'The Simpsons', which character sings the song 'The Old Gray Mare'?
7. What appears as unusual about the person who sings 'The Old Gray Mare' in 'The Simpsons'' episode?
8. For which athletics teams of a University in Kentucky does the song 'The Old Gray Mare' serve as a cynical fight song?
9. Which of the following traditional folk songs uses the same repetitive pattern as the song 'The Old Gray Mare'?
10. Which of the following artists recorded their version of the song 'The Old Gray Mare' in 1960, and retitled it 'Baby Baby Bye Bye'?
Source: Author froggyx
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.