Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who is famous for painting swimming pools?
2. Who is known as 'The father of collage'?
3. Gustave Moreau is famous for painting what?
4. Which of these is NOT associated with Picasso?
5. Who is famous for the sculpture - 'The Kiss'?
6. Who is famous for his 'Action painting'?
7. Who said this - 'I am a representational painter but not a painter of appearances. I paint representational pictures of emotional situations'?
8. Who paints upside down?
9. Which art movement came first?
10. Name of Damien Hirst's first controversial exhibition?
11. Who painted comic book images blown up to epic proportions?
12. Who was famous for painting Tahitian women?
13. What style was Gustave Courbet famous for painting in?
14. Who was famous for painting ballet dancers and race horses?
15. Which of these was primarily an architect and engineer, not an artist?
16. Stanley Spencer's paintings often depict his home town. What is it called?
17. Louise Bourgeois made giant sculptures of what animal that symbolised her mother?
18. Which artist was fascinated with animal anatomy?
19. Which artist is famous for single block colour canvases with black outlines ?
20. Hard one to finish.... Which artist won a Grammy for his design on the Beatles' 'Revolver' album cover?
Source: Author saxyamy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.