Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. On what date was Albert Arthur Frederick George born?
2. Who were his parents?
3. On what date was Elizabeth Angela Marguerite Bowes-Lyon born?
4. Who were Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon's parents?
5. In what year did Bertie and Elizabeth marry?
6. How many children did they have together?
7. Bertie had an impediment that Elizabeth helped him overcome. What was the impediment?
8. Why did Bertie and Elizabeth become King and Queen?
9. When the Luftwaffe bombed Buckingham Palace on September 10, 1940 what did the Queen comment?
10. What did Adolf Hitler refer to Queen Elizabeth (consort of George VI) as?
11. In what year did Princess Elizabeth marry Phillip Mountbatten?
12. George VI was the last sovereign to hold what title?
13. In 1951 the King underwent surgery for what?
14. What date was the coronation of King George and Queen Elizabeth?
15. Who was the British Prime Minister when the King and Queen ascended the throne?
16. After he became king what title did he deny his brother's wife?
17. In the context of royal history, George VI was one of only a few English (or Anglo-British) monarchs who did what?
18. The King was the first monarch to do what?
19. Before becoming King and Queen what were their Majesties titles?
20. The King refered to the Royal Family as what?
21. On what date did King George die?
22. After the King's Death the Queen became Dowager and was affectionately known by what title?
23. The Dowager Queen blamed him for the king's Death. Who was he?
24. The Dowager Queen died when?
25. King George and Queen Elizabeth are entombed where?
Source: Author FilmGuy1570
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Snowman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.