Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This Queen was the first of her kind in England - because she was meant to be left the throne in her own right. Things didn't work out her way though, and her cousin Stephen took the crown from her.
2. This queen was the Protestant daughter of James II. Parliament didn't want a Roman Catholic ruler so it replaced her father with her and her foreign husband.
3. Which queen was a teenager when she came to the throne and was executed on the 12th February 1554?
4. Mary Tudor came to the throne in 1553 after the execution of Lady Jane Grey, and as such was the first queen to rule England in her own right. Mary was the daughter of Henry VIII and Katherine Parr.
5. This queen ruled at the time when English monarchs became British monarchs. She had many children but none that lived to an age to inherit her kingdom, so a second cousin from Germany became king on her death in 1714.
6. This queen was the cousin of Mary, Queen of Scots. She reigned for 45 years and her reign is seen as a glorious golden age.
7. Queen Victoria ruled Britain longer than any other monarch before Elizabeth II. Which of these names was NOT one she gave to one of her five daughters?
8. Queen Elizabeth II was not in Britain when she heard the news that her father George VI had died and that she had become queen.
9. On which date was Elizabeth II's Silver Jubilee celebrated with a national holiday?
10. Which of these actresses did NOT play the role of an English queen?
Source: Author pickle830
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.