Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In which palace in London was the future Edward VII born?
2. What was the name of Edward's elder sister who married the Emperor of Germany?
3. Which of the following was not one of Edward's brothers?
4. When he was young which of the following cruel acts did Edward not commit on his unfortunate valet?
5. Which two countries did Edward visit in 1860, a trip which is regarded as his first important public duty?
6. What happened at the Curragh in Ireland in 1861?
7. What was the name of the woman that Edward married in 1863?
8. With which foreign revolutionary did Edward meet in 1864, thus causing his mother even more annoyance?
9. Though he took the name Edward VII when he was crowned, what was the familiar name he was called by his family?
10. If we exclude visiting his mistresses which of the following activities best sum up the pleasures Edward most enjoyed?
11. How many children did Edward VII and his wife have?
12. What sort of legal case did Edward get involved in during the year 1870?
13. The Prince was involved in a second legal case in 1891 which centred around a card-game played in September, 1890. What card-game was at the heart of the scandal?
14. When he came to the throne with which political party did King Edward VII show the most sympathy?
15. With which country was King Edward the most successful in promoting friendly political ties?
Source: Author Philian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor DakotaNorth
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.