Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who owned the famous "Socks"?
2. "Caterina" (sometimes spelled "Cattarina") was a tortoise-shell cat that belonged to an impoverished writer. "Caterina" was a loyal and devoted pet particularly to the writer's dying wife, Virginia. Who was this writer?
3. There was a kitten, a California kittie, named "Marcus" who had been a gift from a very famous actress with violet eyes. The fortunate recipient of "Marcus" was also extremely famous in Hollywood. It was too bad that he loved fast cars as well as "Marcus". Who was the owner of "Marcus"?
4. A cat by the name of "Misty Malarky Ying Yang" belonged to a very special lady in the White House. What is the name of this special lady?
5. "Jock's" owner didn't own this ginger colored feline for very long, but after directing a mighty country through war, he was content to be at peace with "Jock" whom he loved very much. At tea time, "Jock" was served a warm saucer of milk as he really didn't care for tea as his owner did. Who was "Jock's" famous owner?
6. The Easter season was not at all kind to this presidential cat lover. His favorite feline friend was named "Tabby". A rather common name for such an aristocratic animal, but he was nevertheless greatly loved by his owner. Who was the owner of "Tabby"?
7. We wonder if this famous lady adopted any felines during her stay in Crimea. We do know that in her later life she had a large Persian by the name of "Bismark". Who was this famous lady who owned "Bismark"?
8. "Slippers" seems too quiet a name for a cat whose owner charged up hills. Who was the owner of "Slippers"?
9. This giant tom cat was named "Hinse", and lived in the first quarter of the nineteenth century. His "staff member" was a Scottish novelist and poet that loved both canines and felines. What is the name of the Scottish novelist?
10. "White Heather" had the run of the castle and was the very favorite of this Queen in her later life. What is the name of the Queen?
Source: Author tigey
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor DakotaNorth
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.