Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Queen Elizabeth II of England is known for her love of corgis. Which 18th century king was known for his love of greyhounds?
2. Which famous novelist had pets by the names of Apollinaris, Beelzebub, Blatherskite and Zoroaster?
3. Who was the first US president to bring a cat to live in the White House?
4. This famous woman shared her home with 60 Persian cats (among them Bismarck and Disraeli).
5. Which famous scientist is credited with inventing the cat door?
6. This poet owned a succession of Great Danes, all with the same name "Bounce". He also included them in his poetry.
7. True or false: Sigmund Freud used his chow Jo-Fi in psychotherapy.
8. "Snoopy", the famous cartoon dog, was based on a dog Charles M. Schultz owned when he was a child. What was the dog's name?
9. True or false: Beatrix Potter creations "Peter Rabbit" and "Benjamin Bunny" are based on pets she used to own.
10. George Bernard Shaw was not overly fond of pets. What kind of animal did he - briefly - own, after it had been given to him by a friend?
Source: Author catamount
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor fringe
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.