Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the name of the large metallic block on which a blacksmith hammers metal to shape it?
2. For many centuries, blacksmiths often used a striker. Which of the following is the best definition of a striker?
3. Most of the blacksmith's work involved the use of which of the following metals?
4. What was the reason that a blacksmith's shop was kept very dark?
5. Which of the following substances did the blacksmith alloy with iron in order to make steel?
6. The skills of the blacksmith were so misunderstood that during the Middle Ages, some European blacksmiths were put to death for practicing magic.
7. The job of the blacksmith is an ancient one and is even mentioned in the Hebrew Bible (KJV).
8. Now that we have concentrated on blacksmiths, do you know what a whitesmith is?
9. Which of the following inventions is often credited with bringing about the demise of the blacksmithing profession?
10. When nighttime came and it was time to close the shop, which of the following things was frequently done with the embers in the forge fire?
Source: Author dcpddc478
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.