Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the world of coal mining what was a putter? (Don't think golf)
2. Which one of these words is commonly used for a coal-mine and its above-ground structures?
3. At the turn of the 21st century which country claimed the title of the world's largest producer of coal?
4. Which historical period gave rise to the largest increase in coal production around the world?
5. One of the most dangerous threats to miners is the leakage of which poisonous gas into the mine?
6. What danger did the presence of toxic gasses in a coal mine cause that was not related to their toxicity?
7. One of China's worst coal mining disaster occurred in 2007 when 181 miners at the Shandong coal mine died in which type of mining accident?
8. What does/did a coal breaker do in the mines?
9. The Hartley Colliery Disaster, which occurred in January of 1862, was which type of mining accident?
10. If a miner managed to survive explosions, poisonous gasses, flooding and the other disasters that occurred too regularly in their profession, many then succumbed to which of the following afflictions, commonly known as "Black Lung Disease"?
Source: Author dcpddc478
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Snowman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.