Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. More men than women die from lightning each year in the United States.
2. Greek and Roman temples often were erected at sites where lightning struck.
3. A single lightning strike can kill several people who are in physical contact with one another or are in close enough range that the strike can spread out over the ground.
4. The safest thing that you can do if you are outside and there is lightning is get into a hard-topped all-metal vehicle (assume you have many options).
5. If you are in the mountains and lightning begins to strike, you should quickly get below the treeline and get into a grove of small trees.
6. Telephone lines are extremely dangerous during a storm.
7. Lightning strike survivors often have difficulty with short-term memory.
8. When a person is struck by lightning, the result can be cardiac arrest.
9. Lightning can spread out some 60 Ft. upon striking Earth's surface.
10. If there is no shelter, you should crouch on the balls of your feet in the open, keeping twice as far away from a tree as it is tall.
Source: Author ashalia
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.