Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Snot is a by-product of the mucous membrane primarily located in what part of the body?
2. What is the more commonly-accepted term for cerumen?
3. What is the main reason that pus is usually white or yellow?
4. Why have red or black stools been historically regarded as a serious danger sign?
5. We always called it "gunk;" but what's the scientific name for that acre of solid stuff you remove from the corners of your (your kid's) eyes (mouth, nose) upon waking up?
6. What can make your navel smell bad?
7. What is the only listed cause of increased phlegm production that is the result of an infectious agent?
8. I've been throwing up all night. There's no food left in my stomach. Mostly I've been throwing up a bitter green liquid. What is this liquid?
9. What is the primary factor that influences the color of the urine of a healthy person?
10. We have mentioned the term "mucus," or "mucous," several times in this quiz - as something that applies to everyone. However, why is it pretty certain that less than half of all people will ever have a cervical mucus plug?
Source: Author shorthumbz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.