Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The common cold is usually caused by a rhinovirus, but the "uncommon" cold is caused by the adenovirus. What is this?
2. The symptoms of the "uncommon cold" caused by adenovirus type-3 differ from the common cold caused by a rhinovirus in that they are what?.
3. When was the human adenovirus first isolated?
4. Aside from upper respiratory ailments, a number of symptoms and illnesses present themselves due to adenovirus infection (the uncommon cold). Which is NOT one of these?
5. There are many ways that adenovirus type-3 can be spread and infect a person with the uncommon cold. Which is NOT one of these?
6. Adenovirus and the uncommon cold are most frequently found in densely populated cities. What part of the world showed the greatest prevalence of the uncommon cold at the beginning of the 2010s?
7. What can you use to kill the human adenovirus (the uncommon cold virus) on objects?
8. Is there a vaccine for human adenovirus?
9. Antibiotics will help with an adenovirus infection and shorten the duration of the uncommon cold.
10. What can a person reasonably do to prevent the spread of the uncommon cold by the human adenovirus?
Source: Author gracious1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.