Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Two time championship runner up most recognized by his backflip celebration after race victories.
2. 2004 champion who found himself struggling to find a ride after a series of behavioural issues caused him to be released from Penske Racing.
3. Past Daytona 500 and Cup champion who began his career as the replacement for the deceased Dale Earnhardt.
4. Despite winning only one race, this driver won the 2003 championship as part of the "Killer Bees".
5. Colombian driver and open-wheel star who won two races in seven seasons, but infamously crashed into the jet dryer during the 2012 Daytona 500.
6. This driver won the Daytona 500 in 2011 - just his second career race in the Cup series.
7. This driver won five consecutive Cup championships from 2006-2010, and then threw a few more on later.
8. Graduating from Purdue with a degree in engineering, this driver is known as "Rocketman" for his abundance of pole positions.
9. This driver was the first to pilot the No. 3 in a Cup Series race after the death of Dale Earnhardt, and promptly won the pole in his first race.
10. Former IndyCar champion who proceeded to win three NASCAR championships of his own, with one as an owner-driver to boot.
Source: Author George95
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.