Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Major League Baseball segmented both leagues into divisions in 1969. Which American League team never won their division in the first 25 seasons after this, then strung off five consecutive division titles to end the century with?
2. Which of these 2011 franchises played in every single season of professional baseball since it all began in 1871?
3. What was the name of the first professional baseball team that played their home games in the city of Baltimore?
4. Which of these 2011 franchises has played in the same city for the longest amount of time?
5. The Yankees franchise has won an astounding amount of World Series. After the franchise first moved to New York from Baltimore, how many seasons did it take for them to win their first-ever World Series?
6. Which of these 2011 baseball franchises took the longest to win their first league pennant since their franchise first began?
7. The Atlanta Braves franchise began their franchise endeavors in the National League more than 100 years ago with what team name?
8. In the 1960s and 1970s, Major League Baseball expanded and added 10 teams to the leagues. Of these 10 teams, the Montreal Expos/Washington Nationals closed out the 2010 season, still never making a World Series appearance. Which other expansion team never made an appearance either?
9. Which Major League team came ever so close to moving to Toronto in late 1976?
10. Which of the following teams has never been a member of the National League?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.