Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. After the boom of new ballparks going up in the 1960s and 1970s, only two new ballparks were built in the 1980s. The Kingdome in Seattle was one. Which was the other?
2. The 1968 season finally saw a pitcher break the 30-win barrier in a season via the name of Denny McLain. It was the first time since 1934 and Dizzy Dean of the Cardinals had done it. In-between these two pitchers, who came the closest to winning 30 games in a season?
3. Who managed the 1919 World Series Champion Cincinnati Reds during the Black Sox Scandal?
4. Throughout the entire Major Leagues, which team finished in last place the most times during the 2000s decade?
5. The Dodgers were in the 1941 World Series, and had game four won when Hugh Casey struck out Tommy Henrich for the third out in the ninth inning. But wait, shades of the Bambino Curse, Fred Merkle, and Bill Buckner all rolled into one, the Dodger catcher allowed a passed ball and the Yankees won the game, then the series. Who was this hardluck catcher?
6. Which team was Pete Rose playing for when he got his 4000th career hit?
7. How is the name Jocko Conlan recognized by some baseball fans?
8. Which team in the 1990s drew the most fans in one season during the decade?
9. Billy Martin was a fiery player and manager. He managed in the Major Leagues in 16 seasons with five teams. Which of the following was not one of those teams?
10. Dodger great Roy Campanella won three MVP awards in the 1950s. Who was the only other player to win three in the 1950s?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.