Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This team won their 27th World Series title in 2009. Which franchise was this that set yet another record for World Series crowns?
2. Which Hall of Fame great hit his 715th career home run in 1974, to break Babe Ruth's career record?
3. Which two New York based teams moved to California in 1958?
4. Which Minnesota Twin catcher in 2009 won his second consecutive batting crown?
5. Which of the following Hall of Fame greats did not play their entire career with just one team?
6. Legendary manager Connie Mack managed the Pittsburgh Pirates from 1895-1897, then took the helm of the Philadelphia Athletics for another 50 seasons. He retired in 1950. Tom Lasorda and Tony LaRussa were the first managers to win the Manager of the Year Award. How many times did Mack win the award?
7. Which team did the great Babe Ruth retire with in 1935?
8. Why was there no World Series in the 1994 season?
9. Mickey Mantle was the first switch-hitter in history to bat for the Triple Crown in 1956. Which team did he play for at the time?
10. Major League Baseball would see only one pitcher in the 1990s and 2000s decades win 25 games in a season. It happened in 1990 with which Oakland Athletics pitcher?
11. Which of the following teams in the 1980s never went to a World Series?
12. Which pitcher was the first in history to win more than one Cy Young Award?
13. Which Cy Young Award winning southpaw, left the game as the number one left-hander in strikeouts, won 300+ games, and retired in early 2010?
14. Which of these players was involved with the "Pine Tar" bat incident?
15. In one of Major League Baseball's very unfortunate incidents, Chicago Cub fan Steve Bartman allegedly interfered with Cubs left fielder Moises Alou from catching a foul ball in a NLCS Championship Series game. Which year did this happen?
16. In 1961, Yankee Roger Maris broke Babe Ruth's season record by hitting 61 home runs in the season. Ruth had hit 60 in 1927 for 'Murderers Row'. There was only one other player who hit 50 home runs the 1961 season. Who was it?
17. The 'Say Hey Kid' Willie Mays made a name for himself with the Giants. He played with the franchise for 20 loyal seasons from 1951-1972. He missed the 1953 season. Which team did the Giants trade Willie to in midseason 1972?
18. Roy Halladay pitched for 12 seasons with the Toronto Blue Jays until a three-team trade sent him to which National League team in December 2009?
19. Throughout the entire 20th century, only two American League teams went the 100-season distance without ever changing their team name. One team was the Detroit Tigers. Which team was the other?
20. Who was the first slugger in baseball history to have 4000 career hits?
21. Which decade saw the first round of Hall of Fame inductions?
22. Which of these players hit the most career home runs in a Giants uniform?
23. Which Hall of Fame pitcher set a record for winning nine Opening Day games, and all were by shutout?
24. Barry Bonds won an amazing seven National League MVP awards during his career. How many season MVPs did his father Bobby win?
25. There has been a lot of focus on Hall of Fame player Jackie Robinson, and that he won the first-ever Rookie of the Year Award in 1947. What team did he play for?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.