Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which team made 13 World Series appearances in the 1940s and 1950s?
2. Batting for the Triple Crown is a rare feat in baseball. Which American League team was the first to have three Triple Crowns batted on their team?
3. Which team saw John McGraw at the helm from 1903-1932?
4. Which team was on the winning end of the 1919 Black Sox Scandal?
5. Which National League team had five consecutive Rookie of the Year Award winners in the 1990s?
6. This 1927 American League team had tremendous power and talent, arguably more talent than the Yankees (Murderers Row) in that season. They rostered Mickey Cochrane, Jimmy Dykes, Al Simmons, Ty Cobb, Eddie Collins, Zack Wheat, Jimmie Foxx, Lefty Grove, and others. They still finished 19 games behind the Yankees. Which team was this?
7. Which team had the first manager that won two Manager of the Year awards with them?
8. This team experienced their own earthquake in addition to the earthquake that occurred in their 1980s World Series. Who was this team on the losing end of that World Series 'shake-up'?
9. In baseball's decade of the 2000s, which team saw four Cy Young awards come their way?
10. Manager Connie Mack would set a Major League record, most likely never to be duplicated. He had the reins of the same team for 50 seasons. Which team was this?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.