Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When Major League baseball began in 1901 with the emergence of the American League, the National League had a team that won the NL. The team won three consecutive NL pennants, then found themselves in the first World Series in 1903. Which team was this?
2. In 1914, a league attempted to form and combine to make the third Major League, joining the American and National League. Which league was this?
3. For the first time in baseball history, what occurred in 1920?
4. In 1939, and for the first time in baseball history, this player was the first to have his jersey number retired. Who wore this Yankee number 4?
5. Which St. Louis Cardinal won three season MVPs in the 1940s?
6. In 1951, announcer Russ Hodges' words went down in history. What words were they?
7. In 1962, Ty Cobb's season stolen base record of 96 was finally broken after almost 50 years. It was broken by a speedster who was the first to reach 100 stolen bases in a season. Who was this Los Angeles Dodger?
8. In 1977, the American League added two franchises to their fan base. Which two teams were these?
9. 1986 saw for the first time in baseball history, two rookie pitchers start a game and face each other. It was a first because the opposing pitchers were brothers. Who were this Cub and Phillie?
10. In 1996, the American League had a shortstop that won a batting title for the first time in 52 years. Who was this Seattle Mariner?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.