Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these won the World Cup as both player and coach and is nicknamed 'Der Kaiser'(The Emperor)?
2. This blonde striker has played in Germany, Italy, France, and England, where he was jeered as 'the diver', but later became top scorer. He appeared in three World Cups, scoring a total of 11 goals. What's his name?
3. Who was the extrovert goalkeeper of the 1980s saved the day for Germany, in the first World Cup penalty shootout. He also became notorious for a vicious foul committed in that same game?
4. Who was captain of the team that miraculously snatched the first World Cup trophy for Germany from Hungary in 1954?
5. What's the name of the highly-ambitious goalkeeper, who was named player of the World Cup 2002, despite making a fatal error in the finals?
6. What native of Hamburg was the German striker of the 1960s. He appeared in 4 World Cups, scoring a total of 9 goals?
7. What moustached striker with curled hair appeared in 3 World Cups, marking 8 goals. As coach, he led the national team to the World Cup final in 2002?
8. Who is the 'clown' among German soccer legends?
9. Who appeared in 5 consecutive World Cups, and 150 times in the national dress?
10. Probably the most successful striker of all time, he scored 14 World Cup goals, along with 365 goals in the German Bundesliga, 40 of them in the season of 1971-72. What's the name of this true German soccer legend?
Source: Author vishvakarman
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.