Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 1957, the New York Giants moved to San Francisco to become the San Francisco Giants. What was the original name of the franchise?
2. In what season did the Giants win their first National League Championship?
3. Upon the merge of the National and American League, creating the new Major Leagues in 1901, two Giant pitchers won 30 games in the 1904 season. Who were they?
4. In which decade did the Giants and Yankees first meet in a World Series?
5. Shortly after the 31-season stretch of manager John McGraw ended, which new Giant manager took the team to three World Series from 1932-1941?
6. Who was the first Giant to hit 500 career home runs?
7. In 1958, the new San Francisco Giants appeared in their first season on the West Coast. They played in Seals Stadium for two seasons before moving into which ballpark, which the team would use for the rest of the century?
8. Which year did the San Francisco Giants play in the famous "Earthquake World Series"?
9. Who was the first pitcher to win the franchise's first Cy Young award?
10. The Rookie of the Year award began in the Major Leagues in 1947, with Dodger great Jackie Robinson winning the inaugural award. How many Giants won the award to close out the 20th century?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.