Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Jets management did not listen to their fans in 1995, and took tight end Kyle Brady with the ninth overall selection. Which player did the fans want the Jets to select instead?
2. In 1990, the Jets took running back Blair Thomas with the 2nd overall selection. Which Big Ten school did Thomas attend?
3. 1990s draft pick Blair Thomas lasted only four seasons with the Jets before the team released him. How many touchdowns did Thomas rush for in his time with New York?
4. Which undersized defensive end did the New York Jets select in the first round of the 1989 draft, prompting loud boos from the Jets fans?
5. In the 1990 NFL Draft, the Jets passed up on three of these future Pro Bowlers to pick Blair Thomas. Who is the odd one out?
6. Which former Olympic sprinter turned wide receiver did the Jets use the second overall pick on in the 1980 NFL Draft, passing on future Hall of Fame wideout Art Monk in the process?
7. The Jets made Roger Vick a first round selection in the 1987 draft, much to the surprise and chagrin of their fans. What position did Vick play?
8. The Jets passed on future Hall of Fame receiver Michael Irvin in the 1989 draft. Instead, the Jets took offensive lineman Dave Cadigan with their first round draft pick. Which prestigious college football program did Cadigan attend?
9. Which future Hall of Fame quarterback did the Jets pass on when they selected quarterback Ken O'Brien in the 1983 draft?
10. Which 1966 first round selection (AFL draft) retired after only nine games due to a knee injury?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.