Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Speedway has always been a popular motorsport in Britain, ever since its beginnings many years ago. But do you know in which year the first ever speedway meeting was held in Britain?
2. The bikes that are raced today have changed very little since the start of speedway. They differ greatly from normal motorbikes in two fundamental ways. Which two parts are missing from a speedway bike?
3. All speedway bikes have to conform to the governing body's, the FIM, rules. What engine size must all speedway bikes have?
4. There were a select few pioneering riders who got speedway off the ground, touring the regions and entertaining the ever-swelling crowds. Which of these names was not one of these original speedway riders?
5. Speedway soon caught on and a league was established in 1929. Which of these Midlands cities did not have a team in this first league?
6. The original season of speedway in 1929 had a northern and a southern league. Leeds were the winners of the northern league title but which team won the southern title?
7. The record crowd for a speedway meeting in Britain was for the 1938 World Final Championships held at Wembley. What was the crowd for this meeting?
8. There are many famous names throughout the years. I will give you 4 of these names and you tell me the club that they all rode for. Cyril Maidment, Ove Fundin, Soren Sjosten and Ivan Mauger.
9. Speedway in Scotland thrived in the beginning with many races being held there. The first race being held at Celtic Park (yes the football ground). Which of these teams was NOT a real Scottish side?
10. There have been many pairings of brothers throughout the years. Which of these riders are not actually brothers?
Source: Author kristian88
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.