Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What two brothers were outstanding hurlers for the St. Louis Cardinals' "Gas House Gang" of the Thirties?
2. The first pair of teammates elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame the same year gained the honor in 1974. Who were they?
3. "Spahn and Sain and two days of rain." Fans of which East Coast team hoped this refrain would bring them into the World Series in 1948?
4. "Tinkers to Evers to Chance" was a famous double-play combination in the first decade of the Twentieth Century. Which team featured this trio ("fleeter than birds") whose name was the "saddest of possible words" in the 1910 poem by Franklin Pierce Adams?
5. Which of these teammates hold the record for most home runs by brothers?
6. Which diminutive duo (both listed at 5'9") made up the keystone combination of the 1959 American League champion Chicago White Sox?
7. Willie Mays is considered one of the best center fielders of all time. Which teammates flanked him in the outfield during the 1954 World Series?
8. On September 15, 1963, Felipe Alou played all three outfield positions in a game for Giants' manager Al Dark. Who finished the game in the other two outfield spots as late replacements?
9. Which two former Baltimore Oriole teammates, who helped the O's win the World Series in 1966 and 1970, appeared in a 1980 Miller Lite commercial, in which they claimed NOT to be "identical twins"?
10. "Murderers' Row" brings to mind the 1927 Yankees of Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Earle Combs, and Tony Lazzeri. But who were two members of the ORIGINAL "Murderers' Row" of the 1918 Yankees?
Source: Author shvdotr
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.