Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Runners may refer to this as a "stick"?
2. How many steps should you take between hurdles in the 110 or 100m hurdles?
3. At the start of a distance race, some runners may be placed in outside lanes refered to as the what?
4. The fly zone is what?
5. How high is a Steeple Chase barrier?
6. In hurdling, what is your back leg called?
7. How many laps in a 5k race?
8. What is the curved starting line refered to as?
9. How many attempts do you get in a field event?
10. How many laps in a 1500m race?
11. What does a red flag mean in an athletics race?
12. In the 4x4 relay, the first 4 stands for the number of runners, and the second 4 is an abbreviation of the distance each runner will cover?
13. How many points does one earn for their team by placing 4th in an event, at a meet where the top six finishers earn team points?
14. What is a seed time?
15. Kicking in a race, is saving up just enough energy to put on a surge near the end race, in order to gain places and/or lower your time?
Source: Author lcxcrun05
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.