Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. How many hurdles are in a standard hurdles race?
2. How high are the hurdles in the men's 110 meter?
3. How long is one lap around an indoor standard track?
4. What is the shortest race (outdoor standard track) which is sometimes *not* entirely run in lanes?
5. Which event is not one of the 10 in the decathlon?
6. Which event is not one of the 7 in the heptathlon?
7. Who set 3 world track records and tied a 4th in one day?
8. Who shattered the outdoor records in both the 100m dash and the long jump, but they couldn't be counted because of wind assistance.
9. Which of the following is not a method of gripping a javelin?
10. Which of these is usually named the unofficial "World's Fastest Man"?
11. What is the maximum allowable wind speed for a new running record to count?
12. Any reaction time faster than _______ is considered to be a false start.
13. In an official long distance race, what are the commands?
14. How long is the exchange zone in a relay?
15. An official indoor track must be how long (minimum)?
16. The media made a fortune debating who was the World's fastest man, in 1996 Olympic 100m champion Donovan Bailey of Canada and 1996 Olympic 200m and 400m champion Michael Johnson of the USA. They ran a highly publicised race of 150m to determine who was faster. Michael Johnson won the race.
17. What does IAAF stand for?
18. The use of this substance was known as blood doping. It was first tested for at the 2000 Sydney Olympics. What was this substance?
19. Which event involves throwing a spherical weight from the shoulder?
20. Which of the following is not a field event?
Source: Author alohonyai
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.