Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. A kids' game show which began in the late 1980s was hosted by Mario Cantone. He would ask players trivia questions and watch them run a maze. He would also yell and throw things over the course while they ran. What show was this?
2. What host of a variety show wore a checkered black and white suit, sometimes with a flowerpot on his head, and was known to walk off the set during skits?
3. In the mid-1980s, an independent video channel based in New Jersey had an open-ended playlist which endeared it to fans and musicians alike. It played songs like "Do Fries Go with That Shake?" and "Go For a Soda." What was it?
4. This show debuted on NBC in 1979 and ran until 1984. It featured interviews with people who had unusual jobs or talents. Among its hosts were Sarah Purcell and Fred Willard. What was the name of this show?
5. A news magazine in a 30-minute format challenged the popularity of hour-long news shows. It aired in syndication across the country. Its original name was "Evening: the MTWTF Show," but this later changed. What was the new title?
6. What daytime news magazine in the late 1970s and early 1980s featured Oprah Winfrey as a co-host?
7. This show premiered on the U.S. network PBS in 1980. It was the vehicle for the rebroadcast of many BBC series, as well as original productions. Among its features were "Rumpole of the Bailey" and "Sherlock Holmes." What was it?
8. On September 14, 1981, this show debuted on the U.S. network NBC. Its reporters and anchors have included John Tesh, Mary Hart and Leeza Gibbons. What is it?
9. This series began with a special in 1979. It ran in syndication in the U.S. from 1980 to 1988. Among the hosts were Dionne Warwick, Andy Gibb and Marilyn McCoo. The show was also well-know for its backing dancers, who performed to the pop hits of the day. What was the show's title?
10. This series aired on the ABC network from 1980 to 1984. Its hosts included Fran Tarkenton, Cathy Lee Crosby and John Davidson. Topics ranged from demonstrations of stunts, to features on the unusual and eerie. What was it called?
Source: Author neon000
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ladymacb29
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.