Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Local Self-Government is an important feature of Indian Government. By what name are such institutions known in the metropolitan cities?
2. Some power can be achieved if you are head of the Local Self-Government institution in an Indian metropolitan city. By what name will you be called then?
3. Perhaps you would not be content with power over just a city? Suppose you join a political party next. Which political party among the following is an All India Party, and could help you gain nationwide power?
4. Okay, you have now joined a political party. But which body of Government in India decides that the group you have joined is a political party?
5. After joining the party, you get a nice symbol. Why are symbols allotted to political parties in India?
6. Time for the real thing - elections. Which type of election is NOT held in India?
7. You will need to impress a sufficient number of eligible voters to win an election. What is the minimum age for voting in India?
8. By what process is voting done in official elections in India?
9. Okay, you got the votes. However, it would create confusion for the people who count the votes if votes from all over the country are chucked at them all at once. So the state/country is divided into fixed areas for ease of counting. What are these areas called?
10. Oops. After the counting of votes, you find that the number of votes obtained by your party is slightly less than the majority needed to win the election singly. What is the most sensible thing to do next so that you can achieve true power?
Source: Author remote9
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.