Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When was Tipu born?
2. In 1761, his father, ________________, was the ruler of all of Mysore.
3. In 1767, Tipu's father was at war with the British, who were allied by the Nizam of Hyderabad and the _______________.
4. In 1780, Tipu's father attacked Carnatic and routed a British army. He was defeated and died in _______.
5. Tipu made peace with the ______________ in 1784.
6. In 1789, Tipu attacked the British controlled state of Travancore, triggering another war. In 1792, Tipu surrendered to British commander ________________.
7. In 1798, Tipu signed a secret agreement with the French leader, __________________.
8. In 1799, the British attacked Mysore. Many of Tipu's high-ranking officials were involved in a conspiracy with the British. Most important of these was, ________________, his prime-minister.
9. The final act of betrayal was when Tipu went himself to fight the British soldiers that were able to enter the fort courtyard. One of the traitors then ordered the inner doors to be shut. Who was this traitor?
10. On ______________, Tipu Sultan was killed.
Source: Author arsalanrizvi
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Lanni
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.