Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Taekwondo is a Korean martial art. What does "taekwondo" mean?
2. When practicing taekwondo, you should always wear your "dobok". What is it?
3. One of the principles of taekwondo is "kuk gi", which can be explained as "using your mind to control your body." What is the translation of "kuk gi"?
4. The instructor calls out, "Cha ryeot!" and all the students stand up straight, eyes forward. What does "cha ryeot" mean?
5. After completing a form or pattern, the student should remain still until given the command "bah ro." What does "bah ro" mean?
6. Physical fitness is an important part of taekwondo. The instructor may ask you to do "yul" jumping jacks. How many jumping jacks should you do?
7. Similar to the term "dojo" in Japanese, what is the meaning of the Korean word "dojang"?
8. When learning your form or pattern, you may have to remember to "kihap". What is the translation of "kihap"?
9. While taking class, pay attention to the "sah bin nim". What is that?
10. After a few years of dedication and training, you'll eventually earn your first "dan". What does "dan" mean?
Source: Author jcpetersen
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.