Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following airplanes is an ancestor of the Boeing 717?
2. The Boeing 727 trijet was the first airliner to be equipped with JT8D engines, which were designed by what company?
3. What was the name of a variant of Boeing 737 jets that were grounded due to safety concerns in 2019?
4. Two Boeing 747s were involved in the infamous Tenerife disaster in 1977. One plane was operated by KLM. Which airline operated the other one?
5. Which of these is a military variant of the Boeing 757 that is most often utilized as Air Force Two?
6. In 1983, an Air Canada Boeing 767 landed safely after running out of fuel. What nickname was it given?
7. Can you identify the correct flight number associated with a Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 that mysteriously disappeared in 2014?
8. The Boeing 787 is often referred to by what nickname?
9. What number was associated with the Boeing SST, a supersonic concept jet that was designed to compete with the Concorde?
10. Which famous actor purchased a former Qantas Airways Boeing 707 and often piloted the jet himself?
Source: Author RedHook13
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.