Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Okay, as part of this tour we will be staying in the lovely area of Victoria. Our first excursion is to catch the Tube, or Underground as it is sometimes called, into the heart of London. Okay, we all need to decide on a sight to see. I think we should have a visit to the Tower of London. Everyone think that is a good idea? Okay, then to the Tower we shall go. However, before we leave for the Tower of London, we need to purchase a Tube ticket. We also need to figure out which Tube station we need to get off at. So tell me, which station do we hop off the Tube?
2. Now that we have been inside the Tower of London, and have taken photos of Traitor's Gate and walked along the outside wall of the tower, where would you like to go next? Ah, I think hear lots of requests for Buckingham Palace. Everyone sure they want to take a peek at the Queen's palace? Rumour has it when the lights are on in the palace it means the Queen is at home! Hmm...maybe we can catch her having a peep at all the visitors that flock to her home. Okay, off to Buckingham Palace we go. Oh wait, does anyone know which of the following Tube stations is closest to the tourist entrance to Buckingham Palace?
3. The tube has twelve different line names which are Bakerloo, Central Line, Circle Line, District Line, East London Line, Hammersmith and City Line, Jubilee Line, Metropolitan Line, Northern Line, Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line, and Waterloo and City Line. Now I need everyone to look closely at their Tube maps and tell me which line is denoted with a dark blue colour?
4. Ah, pardon me, but I think one of the group is asking what is it that we are planning on seeing next. Majority of the group has suggested Hyde Park...does that sound good to everyone? Ah, it does? Well, then off we go. Wait! Before we head off, I need to know which line and which station we need to take and get off at, and which will leave us closest to Hyde Park in order to have a look around?
5. Okay, have a bit of trivia for the group...what is the name of the tube station that was named for the munition storage nearby then the football team got their name from that area?
6. Okay, back to the tour...everyone still want to see the sights? Oh, good I see everyone shaking their heads yes. Well, then, off we go...Oops! Forgot to ask which sight everyone wants to see? Ah, do I hear everyone saying they want to go to the Sherlock Holmes Museum? Ah, okay, okay, then that is where we will go. So off to the Holmes Museum we go, but wait! Which tube station do we need to get off at, that will put us closest to the museum?
7. Ah, now wasn't that a lovely peek at how Holmes would have lived had he been a real person? What? Do I hear some Americans on the tour saying "We thought he was a real person?" Oh no! So has everyone decided on our next stop? Oh, okay everyone is saying they want to see the Houses of Parliament. Well, that can be arranged, but I seem to have forgotten the tube destination stop. I think I have an idea as to which stop it is, but can everyone help me out by choosing the right destination stop?
8. Okay, as most of the group already knows, the phrase "Mind the Gap" is used in reference to the space between the Tube cars and platforms at each station...as we have heard it enough by now, yes? However, what I would like to know is, does anyone in the group know on which line "Mind the Gap" originated?
9. I hear a lot of shouts to see the National Gallery, so it looks as if that is our next stop. My question for the group is this...is the National Gallery within walking distance of the Houses of Parliament?
10. And for the final leg of our tour, we shall take a Ripper Walk. However, with it being 3pm GMT, we cannot take the walking tour now, it needs to be dark in order for this to happen. Okay, so we are all going back to our hotel in Victoria for a couple of hours and then off to the Ripper Walk. However, I need to know one thing before we go back, in which tube zone do we have to meet our guide for the Ripper Walk?
Source: Author JuniorTheJaws
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.