Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The third Monday of October is a public holiday in Jamaica. Which holiday is celebrated at this time?
2. Perhaps you know that November 19 is World Toilet Day. But in which small Asian country was the World Toilet Organization founded?
3. January 25 is celebrated as St Dwynwen's Day, the equivalent of Valentine's Day, in which UK country?
4. On the first Monday in March, the people of Illinois celebrate Casimir Pulaski Day. Born in Poland, he came to be known as "The Father of the American Cavalry". With what US war is he associated?
5. January 26 is Australia Day, when Australians celebrate the arrival of the "First Fleet" which landed at Botany Bay (Sydney) in 1788. How many ships were in the "First Fleet"?
6. The Day of German Unity - Tag der Deutschen Einheit - is Germany's national holiday. In 1990 it was celebrated twice. Why?
7. September 19 is International Talk Like a Pirate Day, when everyone is supposed to (surprise, surprise) talk like a pirate. Celebrated by Pastafarians all over the world, pirates are considered divine beings. What deity is associated with these pirate-loving Pastafarians?
8. Shakespeare's death on April 23, 1616, was on which saint's day?
9. More than 70 countries celebrate Children's Day. Which country has a tradition of celebrating two days, one for girls and one for boys?
10. Although not a Public Holiday, this annual event acknowledges "white" Australians' mistreatment of Aborigines, especially to those Aborigines known as the "Stolen Generations". What is the name of this day?
Source: Author Upstart3
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.