Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Josef Stalin's real name was:
2. Where did Stalin study after he had left Gori, his hometown in Georgia?
3. In which month and year was Stalin arrested and deported to Vologda, where he was supposed to remain for three years under open police surveillance?
4. In which year was Stalin appointed as General Secretary of the Communist Party's Central Committee?
5. Yes/No question. Did Lenin write in his "Political Testament" that Stalin should become the leader of Russia after him?
6. In 1928 Stalin ended Lenin's New Economic Policy and began to force all peasants to join Collective Farms. On the Collective Farms, peasants were forced to hand over their produce to the government and were either paid wages or had to feed themselves on what was left over. What was one of the results of that policy?
7. In the 1930s, Stalin launched his __________, ridding the Communist Party of all the people who had brought him to power.
8. Who was assassinated by a young party member, Leonid Nikolayev on 1st December, 1934? (It is now widely believed that his murder was ordered by Stalin, who was frightened, because this politician appeared to be more popular than he was.)
9. When the German attack came in June 1941, the Soviet army was completely unprepared and suffered horrible defeats. Stalin spent the first several days after the attack...
10. How many wives did Stalin have?
Source: Author krzys44
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.