Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which did President James Monroe share in common with Presidents John Adams and Thomas Jefferson?
2. In which treasured work of American art is President James Monroe prominently featured?
3. The future "First Lady" Elizabeth Kortright Monroe accompanied Ambassador Monroe to France while he served as US envoy (1794-1796) during the "Reign of Terror". Through Elizabeth's intervention, who was saved from certain death at the guillotine?
4. Keeping in mind the "Era of Good Feeling", where and with whom did President James Monroe spend the 4th of July, 1819?
5. Which tragic circumstance cast a pall over the first-ever White House wedding of a President's daughter in March 1820?
6. It is often noted that in 1820 James Monroe received the votes of all the presidential electors except one. Who and from which state was the lone elector to cast his vote for John Quincy Adams?
7. In the Adams-Onis Treaty of 1819, Spain ceded Florida to the United States. Which amount of money was agreed upon to settle claims of Spanish Floridians for the loss of their property?
8. Which two states entered the union as a result of the Compromise of 1820?
9. To honor President James Monroe's successful advocacy of its purpose and goals, which organization gave his name ("Monrovia") to the African settlement at Cape Mesurado in 1824?
10. President James Monroe is considered the last of the "Founding Fathers" to be elected President. Who is said to have originated the term "Founding Fathers"?
Source: Author socalmiguel
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.