Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Under whom did Monroe study law?
2. As a member of the Virginia Ratifying Convention of 1788, how did Monroe vote regarding the proposed U.S. Constitution?
3. As president, how did Monroe prefer to be addressed?
4. What country was purchased by the American Colonization Society and renamed Liberia?
5. What became of Monroe's eldest daughter, Eliza, after the death of her husband and father?
6. During the 1st Seminole War (1817-18), President Monroe appointed General Andrew Jackson to deal with the Seminole Indians and fugitive slaves who were using Florida as a base from which to raid Georgia. What action by Jackson led to calls for President Monroe to reprimand him?
7. Perhaps the most famous action to come from Monroe's presidency is the Monroe Doctrine. Although it carries his name, Monroe was not responsible for the drafting of the doctrine. Who was the "author" of this important American stance?
8. In the election of 1820, out of a possible 235 electoral votes, how many were cast in favor of President Monroe?
9. Which newspaper gave to Monroe's presidency the sobriquet, "Era of Good Feelings"?
10. From which king of England did Monroe descend?
Source: Author trammgr
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.