Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following would be an abbreviation and NOT an acronym.
2. Which of the following does NOT have the same accepted abbreviation in English and Spanish?
3. The abbreviation for etcetera is different in Spanish than it is in English.
4. The Spanish abbreviation for "kilovatios-hora" (kilowatt-hours) is kW/h or kWh.
5. The only accepted abbreviation for the word "avenida" is avda.
6. A.D. and B.C are commonly known as abbreviations in the Western World for the eras in which man has lived - Anno Dominae and Before Christ. What are the regular 2 Spanish equivalents to these?
7. nº is a common abbreviation for the word "número".
8. If you look in your textbook you might find that this is the abbreviation for capítulo.
9. The abbreviation for the word "página" has an accent over the a (so it would be pág.).
10. The name "María" is so common it has its own abbreviation.
Source: Author packard3
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.