Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. McDonald's fast food restaurants wouldn't be quite the same without the golden arches and their official mascot. What is the name of this mascot?
2. In 1959 an ad first appeared that showed a suntanned little girl with a puppy exposing her white bottom. "Don't be a paleface!" was the slogan. What was the product?
3. Looking for a way to update the image of Camel cigarettes, the marketing team of the R.J. Reynolds company came up with a newer version of an old icon. The Camel icon has a name. What is it?
4. Did you ever want to poke the belly of this cute little guy to make him giggle? He represents the Pillsbury Company. Who is he?
5. Back in 1928, a company that supplied baby food called for a picture of a baby to put on each label of their baby food jars. Name this company that still offers baby food in a jar.
6. When a flood of letters came in to the General Mills company in the 1920s asking for baking tips, the company decided to create a fictional character to answer the questions. The first name, Betty, was chosen because it sounded warm and friendly. The last name was chosen to honor a retired executive. Who did this fictional baking wonder become?
7. In 1959 the National Federation of Coffee Growers of Colombia wanted to put a face on the thousands of coffee growers in their country. Who became the face and voice for their coffee ads?
8. In the mid-1960s a fussy supermarket manager appeared on TV ads for Charmin toilet paper. "Please don't squeeze the Charmin!" was his catchphrase. Who was the manager caught squeezing the Charmin rolls himself?
9. A duck pitching insurance? Absolutely, if that duck represents the most successful supplemental insurance in the U.S. What insurance company is it?
10. In 1908 A.J. Bush and his sons founded Bush Brothers & Company. The company spokesman, A.J.'s great grandson, Jay, and his golden retriever, Duke, can be seen in TV commercials selling their products, promising to keep the Bush family recipe a secret. What does the company sell?
Source: Author nmerr
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.