Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. As an avid dog lover, it amazed me to discover that there is a "world's ugliest dog" competition. Which dog won for three years in a row from 2003-2005, but sadly died before he could compete in 2006?
2. Well, most of us that know dogs pant instead of sweat, don't we? Actually there is one main area where a dog does sweat. Where?
3. What do Chihuahua puppies have in common with newborn human babies?
4. Which American President first recommended dog licencing?
5. Another question about US Presidents' dogs: which President's dog suffered a violent death much like his master, after someone took offense when the dog jumped on him with muddy paws?
6. Where did the phrase "raining cats and dogs" originate?
7. What was the name of the three-headed dog who guarded the underworld in Greek mythology?
8. Another dog in Greek mythology was Laelaps. He was destined to always catch his prey. This was fine until he met a fox who was destined to never be caught. Zeus wasn't happy about this, so what did he do to them?
9. Which breed of dog was specifically used for battle by the Ancient Romans?
10. What was the name of the first dog in space?
Source: Author jennybloggs
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.