Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. A thirteenth century emperor was a dog-lover who owned over 5000 dogs. He was the grandson of Genghis Khan. What was his name?
2. In 1815 this military leader was returning to France from exile on the island of Elba when he fell off a dock into the sea and almost drowned. A large Newfoundland jumped into the water and saved him. Who was this military giant (the man, not the dog)?
3. During World War I the British employed dogs to carry messages to and from the front lines. What was one kind of dog they used?
4. During which war did the British army parachute dogs behind enemy lines to accompany raiding parties and help spy missions?
5. In 1957, the Cold War raged between the United States and Russia. What event occurred involving a dog that year, which frightened Americans?
6. Why do wild dogs howl?
7. When dogs are frightened of an enemy, what behaviour will they commonly display?
8. What should you do if you think a dog might attack you?
9. What is a dog's main weapon?
10. From where does the expression, "Dogs of War" come?
Source: Author stageball
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.