Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The basset hound's name is derived from a French word meaning what?
2. Which breed was not likely to have been used as foundation stock for the development of the basset hound?
3. Which is not a typical color for the basset hound?
4. What would NOT disqualify a basset hound from an American show ring?
5. What is the typical temperament of a basset hound?
6. All basset hounds are afflicted with a genetic condition known as hypochondroplasia. Which one of the following breeds does NOT have this condition?
7. Which of the following legends about basset hounds is true?
8. Which of the following statements is true?
9. Basset hounds have a prominent haw. What is a haw?
10. Basset hounds are scent hounds, tracking, and flushing game by scent. What animal is NOT typical game for the basset hound?
Source: Author toughynutter
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.