Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Where would you find a horse's 'poverty line'?
2. What is the most common length of gestation in horses?
3. What two bits are involved in a double bridle?
4. How many metacarpal bones does a horse posses?
5. How many thoracic vertebrae does a horse have?
6. In correct conformation, the hind limb pastern bones should be more upright than the fore limb pasterns.
7. A horse's 'knee' joint is equivalent to a human's...
8. The average horse reaches puberty at what age?
9. What is the meaning of the word 'wasp-waisted'?
10. Ossification of the ungual cartilages resulting in a lack of shock absorption on impact with the group, and manifesting itself as palpable 'ridges' just above the hoof is known as...
Source: Author clairesausage
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.