Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, the Purple Cross Gang begins terrorizing the city. While committing their crimes, they wear a black hood with a cross cut out between their eyes. During interrogation of one member, Tracy notices they also have a purple cross tattoo. Where is the tattoo located?
2. After several members of the Purple Cross Gang are killed or taken into custody in the "Dick Tracy" comic, their leader, who is only shown in his hood, comes up with a new idea. They are to rent four very fast cars, take separate routes to a Midwest city, rob the bank and return by four different routes. They also buy a special outfit for the crime. What are they dressed as?
3. In Chester Gould's "Dick Tracy", the four remaining members of the Purple Cross Gang do the unthinkable. They demand an equal cut of the money from their leader. Naturally, this infuriates the leader, and he later sets up an appointment with them for their next crime. Three of the four remaining members show up at their garage, only to be gunned down by their leader with tommy guns. What famous gangland rub-out did Chester Gould borrow this outcome from?
4. Baldy Stark leaves town and gets an honest job in "Dick Tracy". He is found not only by Tracy, but by the leader of the Purple Cross Gang as well. As Tracy and Patton listen through their 'magnifying ear phones', the Purple Cross leader enters Stark's room and prepares to eliminate him. Baldy Stark turns the light off in the room, and the comic strip spends several panels in total darkness. While maneuvering silently in the dark room, one of the men bumps into something which creates a sudden light. The other man, seeing the silhouette, shoots him. What did the man bump that made the light?
5. In late spring of 1937, Dick Tracy becomes involved with three female perfume thieves. With the help of Junior, they and their buyer are apprehended. Just as the arrest is made, a rich young playboy named Johnny Mintworth comes calling on his girlfriend Marge Denton, one of the thieves. After acting very suspicious for several weeks, Mintworth reveals that he is being blackmailed. Who is this dog of a blackmailer?
6. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, Marge Denton is fed up with prison. She writes a letter to Johnny Mintworth, telling him to go see Nikki Carr. Together, Mintworth and Carr use electrical tape and completely tape up several guns. They are caught outside the womens prison on top of a rail car by police. What was in the car they were arrested on?
7. In the "Dick Tracy" comic, Johnny Mintworth is arrested but jumps out a window and runs away with no money and no place to go. After a few days, he is recognized by two men in a bar, friends of Danny Supeena. Supeena gets Mintworth to sign an insurance policy using the name of Bill Botts. His arm is then broken by Supeena and his pals using a weight dropped onto it from the ceiling. What crime is being carried out?
8. In the "Dick Tracy" comic, Johnny Mintworth's mother, Ella, is found dead in her mansion. Tracy's investigation reveals nothing out of the ordinary except a questionnaire on the shopping habits of women sealed and ready to mail. Always suspicious, what does Tracy guess killed Mrs. Mintworth?
9. Junior Tracy and Tess Trueheart go to the beach in the "Dick Tracy" comic strip. At the edge of the water they see a man drowning, held against his will by three men. Junior recognizes Johnny Mintworth as the drowning man. What is the next scam Supeena is planning?
10. Managing to escape the Supeena gang during his fake drowning, Johnny Mintworth gives himself up. Mintworth now knows Supeena has killed his mother and volunteers to help Dick Tracy catch the killer. Dressing as Supeena's girlfriend, Mable Marmer, he sets up a meeting in a theater. Supeena realizes the set up and kills Mintworth in the crowded theater, then taking refuge in the projection room. The crowd is gone and the theater dark. Tracy decides to use something not well known by the public to surprise Supeena in the dark. What did he use?
Source: Author knto
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.