Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Roger De Courcey came to the attention of the British public after winning "New Faces" in 1976. What is the name of the dummy he made his name with?
2. Terry Hall started out at age 15 with a dummy called Mickey Finn. It was later, though, that he came to everyone's attention in the UK with the dummy named after a Panthera leo. What was this dummy's name?
3. Keith Harris had a dummy called Cuddles the Monkey which he performed with. What dummy was he better known for though?
4. Lord Charles was the dummy used by which UK ventriloquist?
5. As the first winner of the "Big, Big, Talent Show", this modern ventriloquist has since performed three times at the Royal Variety Performance--in 1997, 2002, and 2009. Who is this ventriloquist and comedian?
6. Who at the age of 11 was billed as the World's Youngest Ventriloquist and was also called "the world's greatest ventriloquist" by Ed Sullivan?
7. Peter Brough, an early UK ventriloquist, had a dummy with the same name as a U.S. comic book character. What was the dummy's name?
8. What was unusual about the way in which Peter Brough started off with his ventriloquist act in the 1940s?
9. Unusually, this next act is a female ventriloquist, actress and comedian. Her main puppet sidekick is a depressed monkey named Monk. What is her name?
10. One of the acts mentioned above had a hit record in the UK charts in the '80s. Which act was it?
Source: Author pmarney
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.