Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The sun is a long way away, so how long does it take for the light from the sun to reach the earth?
2. On what continent is the city of Mombasa?
3. Who, or what, is a cyclamen?
4. What is the meaning of the Latin phrase "per ardua ad astra"?
5. During World War 2, allied officers made a daring escape from a German prisoner of war camp, by digging tunnels from their huts, and out under the fence. What code names were given to the three tunnels?
6. When a motor vehicle, train, or any other noisy thing is approaching you, the sound it makes seems to rise in pitch, and when it's going away from you it seems to fall in pitch - what is the word used to describe this effect?
7. In the UK and Europe, if your dentist said you needed treatment on your "upper right 3" - which type of tooth would be giving you a problem?
8. Out of the choices below, which piece of electrical equipment in the home uses the most power when turned on, and is therefore the most expensive to run?
9. What is the common term for the medical condition known as hypertension?
10. If you traveled west along the M4 from London, England, which of these cities would you NOT travel through, or very close to?
Source: Author delboy22
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.