Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. A tall thin man with a little beard, wearing a top hat, and red, white and blue clothing, steps on stage. Looks like he's getting ready to set off some fireworks. What is his holiday?
2. Next comes a ghost who's wearing a sheet over his head. He's carrying a plastic pumpkin that's already half full of candy. What is his holiday?
3. A jolly fat fellow, dressed for the cold in a fur-trimmed red suit, drives on stage in a sleigh pulled by reindeer. What is his holiday?
4. Next is a real person, maybe someone in your family or a neighbor, who gave his or her life serving our country. As you enjoy cookouts and ballgames on this holiday, pause and remember all who fought for their country. What is this person's holiday?
5. A man in a powdered wig and old fashioned clothes invites on stage another man who's tall and thin, with a top hat that makes him look even taller. "This holiday used to celebrate my birthday only," says the first man, "but I don't mind sharing." What is this holiday?
6. Next is a big white rabbit with a basket of colored eggs that he's trying to hide, before the children wake up. His holiday is in the spring, but on a different day each year. What is his holiday?
7. A real person, a man wearing a suit and tie, steps up. He says, "My holiday is on my birthday in January, but I wish that people would remember year round the dream I had about black and white people getting along better." What is his holiday?
8. An old man with a long gray beard holding an hourglass, and a toddler in diapers come on stage. They both are wearing ribbons. The old man's is printed with this year, and the baby's is printed with next year. What is this holiday?
9. Your mother arrives. You didn't even know she was here! "Aw, you don't need to do anything special for me today, even if it is my holiday," she says. What is this holiday?
10. A Pilgrim in black and white clothes, and a Native American in loincloth and feathers step on stage together. They look at each other, fall silent a minute, then shrug and say, "Want some pumpkin pie?" What is this holiday?
Source: Author littlepup
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.