Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. John, a Hindu boy, got this message:
"I hope you have a great time during the Festival of Lights! Please enjoy eating latkes and ponchkes, as well as lighting the menorah! And don't forget to play with the dreidel!"
John was startled, since he is not Jewish nor does he celebrate Hanukkah; rather, he celebrates Diwali. What could have confused Zopyros?
2. Louis opened his mailbox and found this:
"I really admire The Seven Principles of Kwanzaa, such as umoja (unity) and imani (faith), and how they help you remember your heritage. Enjoy the holiday season!"
As a Chinese-American, Louis was not very familiar with that holiday. For which of these people was the message probably intended?
3. Daniel, a Panamanian, received this message:
"Happy Saint Patrick's Day! This March 17th, enjoy the green holiday with shamrocks, pots of gold and leprechauns, all while you celebrate your patron saint!"
A person from which country was most likely to have been the intended recipient?
4. Henry was confused when he read:
"Have a very Happy New Year! Please, enjoy the Dragon and Lion dances, and of course, the fireworks! Which animal is it this year? A goat? A rooster?
Since Henry knew that New Year's Day was days ago, it seemed odd that Hermes was wishing him a Happy New Year just now. Which nationality did Zopyros erroneously think Henry had?
5. Peter was not amused when he read another of Zopyros's wrongly delivered messages from Hermes:
"Happy Valentine's Day! Please extend my well wishes to your friends and loved ones, spread the love! Please enjoy this heart-shaped message."
Peter did not find this funny because he lives in a country where Valentine's Day is banned. Which could it be?
6. Steve got a message that read:
"I hope the fast was not that hard for you, I'm sure you enjoyed Eid al-Fitr though! Greetings and until next year!"
Steve was indeed fasting, but for the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur. Which of these Islamic holidays was Steve's neighbor Jim actually observing, which could have confused Zopyros?
7. When Kyle read this message, he knew it wasn't written for him:
"Happy Passover! I know that Jews celebrate this holiday commemorating when they escaped from the Egyptians a long time ago! Have fun at the Seder!"
Kyle is not Jewish, but a devout Christian, who celebrates which of the following at Easter, the Christian equivalent of Passover?
8. "On this day of remembrance, I join you in honoring all of the brave troops who gave their lives for your country. Have a nice Memorial Day!"
Jerry, the son of a retired American soldier, found it odd that this message was delivered on November 11, since on this date, which slightly different holiday is observed in the US?
9. American man Raymond put the turkey in the oven while reading this message:
"Halloween looks like a scary holiday, but you all seem to enjoy it! Eat some candy and scare some people for me, will you?"
This message arrived a month late. What is Raymond currently celebrating (Pilgrims may know)?
10. Zopyros has reached his final destination, and unsurprisingly, he also got it wrong this time. He delivered a message to Jack, which said:
"I hope you enjoy today's Eve, a preamble to the biggest holiday in the whole year! Happy winter holidays!"
Zopyros assumed Hermes meant Christmas Eve, but since it was December 31st, he in fact was wishing Jack what?
Source: Author Lpez
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.